Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - The Mexico Tourism Board (MTB) and Travelocity have launched a campaign called "Battle of Destinations III," which invites everyone around the world to vote online for "The Best Beach Destination for Families" - and Puerto Vallarta is one of the nominated destinations - along with Acapulco, Cancun, Ixtapa, and Mazatlan.
The dynamic is very simple: All you have to do is go to the Batalla de Destinos websiteand select Puerto Vallarta. The destination that accumulates the highest amount of votes will be named "The Best Beach Destination for Families." The voting began on Tuesday, July 17 and ends on Tuesday, July 24, 2012.
But also, in order to encourage people to vote for our touristic destination, Puerto Vallarta's Tourism Trust has launched its own contest, which consists of uploading a picture of Travelocity's Gnome at any of the many interesting sites in our city to theOfficial Fan Page of Puerto Vallarta.
• This contest also began on Tuesday, July 17, and ends on Tuesday, July 24, 2012.
• Take a picture of the Gnome at any interesting site in Puerto Vallarta.
• Since the Gnome is not in the city, the use of Photoshop, photo montages and/or costumes are allowed to simulate its presence.
• Upload the picture to the Official Fan Page of Puerto Vallarta and share it with your friends and/or contacts and ask them to "like" it.
• Photo entries will be received throughout the day and will be eligible for voting until 10:00 am the following day.
• The picture with the highest number of "likes" each day will win one of our fabulous prizes and will be entered in the final competition for a chance to win a weekend in beautiful Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!
• 1 Certificate valid for a family meal at Thierry’s Prime Steak House (does not include alcoholic beverages)
• 1 Certificate valid for a family dinner at Café des Artistes (does not include alcoholic beverages)
• 2 Certificates valid for "Aventúrate en El Salado" (Adventure through the Salado)
• 1 Certificate valid for a family breakfast at The River Café restaurant (does not include alcoholic beverages)
• 1 Certificate valid for a family meal at The River Café restaurant (does not include alcoholic beverages)
• 2 Certificates valid for a family tour at Vallarta Adventures
Note: All certificates are good for 2 adults and 2 children under 12 years of age. Prizes are redeemable for one year from the contest end date.
On Tuesday July 24, 2012, the Official Fan Page of Puerto Vallarta will post the top 7 photos to determine the winner. The voting will close on Friday, July 27th, 2012, and the grand prize winner will be announced.
• A weekend at an all-inclusive hotel in Puerto Vallarta for 2 adults and 2 children under 12 years of age.
• Certificate is redeemable for one year from the contest end date.
So what are you waiting for? Get out there and take some photos, have some fun, and be creative, while telling the world that Puerto Vallarta is the best family beach destination in all of Mexico! And don't forget to visit Travelocity's Batalla de Destinos website
and vote for Puerto Vallarta!